Monday, March 23, 2009

holiday

When I first Google searched "national holidays" nothing very interesting jumped out at me, but when I started clicking around I found an interesting article on about.com. It is called South Africa's National Holidays. It interested me because although I have learned about almost all the holidays in America Ive never really bothered to look at other country's or continents holidays. I thought it was really interesting to read the holidays of different countries, because they have some holidays that American's would have never though of as making a holiday. One important holiday is Youth Day. It takes place on the sixteenth of June. Youth day is to remember all the children and young adults that lost their lives while protesting Apartheid and Bantu Education. Another important Holiday in Africa is Heritage Day. Heritage day is to celebrate all the diversity the people of Africa have.

No comments: