Monday, March 23, 2009

Global Issue

Since our school is doing all this stuff for Darfur, I thought I would look into it a little deeper since I don't really know what was going on besides the short clip everyone saw in World History class. And since Mrs. Jarrett already had a page about it on the blog connected to Wikipedia, I just decided to read that! After reading the wiki page, I found out that the war is between the natives of the land and Afro-Arab Abbala tribes of the northern Rizeigat region in Sudan.The causes of the Darfur conflict are over population in the area, drought and desertification. The goverment has come to the estimation that two point five million people have been killed. The Sudanese government has been accused of killing witnesses since 2004, and tampering with evidence to eliminate their value

No comments: