Sunday, March 22, 2009

bollywood

Over MEA break i watched the new movie Slumdog Millionaire. At first i didn't think i would like it but it turns out I did! Thenn after break when i came back to school i learned that slumdog was a 'Bollywood" movie. So after finding out we had to write about Bollywood on our blog I thought hmmm maybe I'll look up slumdog so I did! One of my friends recommended I wrote about slumdogg for this blog also since, she too loved the movie. I read about slumdog in the article "Bollywood Coming to Hollywood" by Elham Khatami. Altough Slumdog is not authentically Indian, it is classified as a bollywood film, because of the editing, colors, dancing and plot which differs from many hollywood movies. Slumdog was an insperation to many indians, winning eight oscars. many people began to learn more and more about bollywood fillms and they are expected to become more popular.
Khatami, Elham. "Is Bollywood coming to Hollywood?"CNN. 23 February 2009. 1 March 2009. http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/23/bollywood.hollywood/index.html?iref=newssearch

No comments: